My daughter creates beautiful Kumihimo jewelry, and decided to make a matching necklace and collar for herself and our beloved Teacup Chihuahua. For fun, I decided to try my hand at wire wrap, a technique I hadn't yet tried. So starting with a rich chocolate Drusy quartz, I began creating a pendant to compliment her gold Kumihimo charm necklace and dog collar.
Using Dale Cougar Armstrong's tutorial dvd, "Jewel School Basic wire Wrapping," I created the basic wire wrapped pendant and wanting it to be unique and special, I opened my heart, asking the fairies of the universe to make pretty things appear that were meant to be a part of the focal. I spied Swarovski sunflower montees and faceted crystals, special 14k gold beads, and finally, a special gold fairy who sat perfectly atop the Drusy! She was meant to be there ....
I decided the pendant needed a pretty charm too, and added the beautiful wrapped yellow labradorite to the bottom of the pendant.
My daughter and Teacup Chihuahua are happy with their "Paws and Hers" Kumihimo charm jewelry! And I'm pleased to create a fairy pendant to bring them laughter, a little mischief, and lots of love!
Big Hugs, TJ
Toltec Jewels is an author by day and jewelry artist by night. Her literary work is housed by the San Fransisco MOMA in a permanent collection of mixed media art and is published internationally in popular magazines, literary quarterlies, and university publications. A gemstone collector and jewelry lover, her store offers gemstone beads and she is happiest when creating handcrafted jewelry with her entire family. She has won a number of awards for both her literary and jewelry art. She is also the creator of Jewel School Friends, a community of expert and emerging jewelry artisans taking inspiration from each other, Jewel School, and jewelry art culture by featuring jewelry designers and bead artists and supporting entrepreneurship for independent artisans. Join her at Jewel School Friends on Facebook for tutorials, community events, challenges, and fundraisers.







No comments:
Post a Comment